Sun of Joy Foundation is a non-profit organization established in 2000 and registered in 2003. Sun of Joy employs 56 staff and operates 11 offices, 9 in Mpumalanga Province,6 in (Gert Sibande District), 3 in Nkangala District, 1 in Gauteng (Randburg) and 1 office in KZN (Dannhauser).
Sun of Joy works with a variety of role players including government departments, and Civil Society Structures in LAC, DAC and MPAC to maximize initiatives and processes that transform communities.
In our last financial year, we reached in excess of 100 000 people through our community developmental projects and programs, which range from, for example, mobilization of men and boys to attend male medical circumcision to know their status and to reduce new infections.Our programs provide the intellectual, moral and emotional development that is absent in the lives of many. Founder and Director of Sun of Joy Foundation, Mr Mvula Ka Mnisi, is the Minister of the word of God a qualified Social Worker. The organization have won multiple awards in the area of community development. In 2011 AWARDS he won the Prevention Category In recognition of his outstanding contribution to promoting the empowerment of women and ending gender based violence in the Gender Justice and Local Government summit hosted by Gender Links. In 2015 AWARDS he was a runner up in the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR); HIV and AIDS category. The majority of SUN OF JOY FOUNDATION’s funding in South Africa comes from government department such as Department of Health and Department of social Development in Mpumalanga, Foundation for Human Rights and PEPFAR. Local partners for donations in kind Seeds of Africa (Park Homes), and Brothers for Life (Training) to mention just a few. Sun of Joy Foundation’s services are broken down into inter-connected units that focus on:
- Men's Health Programme and VMMC Mobilization.
- Social Behaviour Change and Communication Programme (in school and out of school Youth) YOLO.
- Family Matters Programme.
- Man Championing for Change.
- Community Capacity Enhancement Programme.
- Community Development Programme.
- Bright Star Life Skills Programme (3 Modules) Services Seta aggregated Programme.
- 90/90/90 HIV/TB/STI Strategy Programme.
- Community dialogues.
- Counselling/Teenage Pregnancy/PMTCT Programme.
- Youth Skills Development and job Creation Programme.
- Human Rights Awareness